Freeing millions of facts from 1 million treatments from the published record
Plazi is an association supporting and promoting the development and service of persistent and openly accessible digital taxonomic literature. To this end Plazi will:
- Maintain a digital taxonomic literature repository to enable archiving, accessing and disseminating of taxonomic treatments and included data.
- Enhance submitted taxonomic treatments by creating TaxonX and Taxpub XML versions.
- Participate in the development of new models for publishing taxonomic treatments in order to maximize interoperability with other relevant cyberinfrastructure components (e.g., name servers, biodiversity resources, etc...)
- Advocate and educate about the vital importance of maintaining free and open access to scientific discourse and data.
- Utilizing online resources for taxonomy: A use case of Plazi treatments and BLR in a cybercatalogue. October 6, 2015
- Plazi as NGO and treatments integrated in Wikidata. The Plazi treatment ID allows linking the name of a species to its scientific, taxonomic treatment. See example Anochetus boltoni and the listed Plazi ID August 31, 2015
- EU BON Policy Brief on Open Data. EU-BON's open data policy overview in a nutshell. August 20, 2015.
- The new linkouts from NCBI to Plazi treatments are up. June 25 2015
- Our Biodiversity Informatics Workshop in Lima, Peru (Oct. 25-31, 2015) announced. June 5 2015
- A visualization of treatment based data published in Biodiversity Data Journal. May 13, 2015. Update: Press release, May 15 2015
- Plazi signs The Hague Declaration, May 7, 2015
- 100,000 treatments in Plazi. Berne, February 24, 2015
- Plazi up in an interim solution after a major hacker attack. Berne, February 23, 2015
- Plazi signs MOU to become an Associate Participant of GBIF, Berne, February 23, 2015
Where to meet us